Another milestone in the Overwater world
Over the past few months, we have been following the construction of the 4 new Prestige Overwater Brando Suites & Pool of the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa 5*, with opening scheduled for this December. The interiors were still in finishing, but we have been able to visit them!
In addition to the luxury and usual amenities of high 5* categories, these brilliantly-designed units impressed us with their innovative features:
- Stage door: the staff has its own entrance, with a storeroom & attached kitchen. This space, inaccessible to guests, makes it possible to set the final touches on the plate directly on site, for a perfect result,
- A view of Mount Otemanu from every room of the Villa thanks to their placement and their huge bay windows that open,
- Cathedral ceilings: magnificent, and unique for overwater suites in French Polynesia,
- The largest overwater swimming pool in the country. As an infinity pool, it borders the spacious terrace with a table for 8,
- Home automation is a must! Everything is controlled by a tablet, (lights & atmosphere, TV, AC, etc.). No more playing hide-and-seek with switches…
- Self-cleaning Japanese toilets,
- And the most important advance: TOTAL soundproofing. When the windows and doors are closed, each room is totally soundproofed from the rest of the villa and from the outside, thanks to thick double-glazing, and using a Firestone rubber layer inserted in all walls and all doors. It’s just great.
Completely in line with the villas offered by The Brando of Tetiaroa, which once again made a name for itself on the international tourism scene with the 2017 World’s Best Awards chosen by readers of Travel + Leisure magazine, being named “Best Resort in the South Pacific” and coming in second in the “Best Hotel in the World” category, these villas, already available for sales with breakfast, half board, and all-inclusive formulas (see special offer sent on September 21, 2017), represent the passage to a higher level in the world of Polynesian overwater accommodations.